If you have a need to use 2004, I would recommend purchasing additional DRC software.
ie Lavenir ( Pentalogix) Veiwmate or
Viewmaster. 2004 is  more prone to leaving hanging traces if you need to heavily
modify a design.   Unless you mask every net that needs edited, in the single layer
mode it tends hide from view,  hanging or remaining traces.
I thought someone mentioned  that Camtastik also supported hanging trace DRCs.  I
never found out how to use it and have never seen any mention of anyone using it.  In
the Lavenir software just CHECK the box for hanging traces and run the DRC.  It is
that simple. We gave up trying to use Camtastic for hanging traces.

I also notice the online DRC's do not catch everything,  Actually they miss alot.
99SE, missed a few. The online would hic up once in while. It seems to be  more
frequent in 2004

Did I mention you will also need to buy an autorouter? lol

Mike Reagan
EDSI