Just my 2 cents ...
We keep our logo *.wmf file on our network in one location so that it doesn't matter which computer you are using, the logo always appears. Just specify the complete path and that should do it. Although if the DDB is sent elsewhere then keeping it in the DDB should work. Haven't tried that.
Tom

Laurie Biddulph wrote:

The problem is that the logo must be in the same folder as the DDB file(s). You will find that if you keep a common folder of all your DDB files along with the logo that it will load every time. If you then go and open a DDB in a different folder ten the next time Protel opens it will have been pointed to the new folder and as the logo is not there it will give the message you gave.

This is one of the bugs in Protel that despite having been told where the logo is in your `Preferences' it still ends up looking in the current folder for the file.

So either keep a common folder for all your DDB files (thats the way I do it) or put a copy of your logo in every folder where you have a DDB. This works with the Preferences fine. If you need to open/create a new DDB (even if it is only temporary) then make sure you create/place it in this common folder

Best Regards
Laurie Biddulph
http://www.elby-designs.com
----- Original Message ----- From: Leo Potjewijd To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 2:09 AM
Subject: [PEDA] logo in template does not show

While experimenting with templates in P99SEsp6 I find that an included logo (BMP image) does not always show up.

If the Ddb with the templates is open, all is well. If I close that Ddb and keep the design open the logo still shows, but when I open the design the next day (and keep the templates Ddb closed) the logo is replaced with the text "Logo IE.bmp file not found". The rest of the template shows up just fine.

 I have imported the BMP file into the design Ddb: no success.
 Design-Template-Update produces a 'file format not recognised' error.

When I use Design-Template-SetTemplateFilename and reselect the template from the templates Ddb the logo shows up again, even on sheets and Ddbs that are opened afterwards. Closing the templates Ddb makes no difference.

The handbook is not really clear on this subject, nor is the online help so I suspect I missed something essential.
Can any of you guys point me in the correct direction? Any input is greatly appreceated.

Leo Potjewijd hardware designer Integrated Engineering B.V.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 +31 20 4620700