Ray Mitchell wrote:

Hello,

I would like my various planes to be back 50mil from the edges of the PCB. I placed a line on the keepout layer and set my clearance constraint to 50mils. While this does keep the autorouter from placing anything closer than 50mils from the edge, when I look at the Gerbers for the various planes it appears that they go right up to the edge and ignore the keepout. What is the correct procedure?

Thanks,
Ray Mitchell

You have to place a track around the edges of your board, on the plane layers, otherwise the planes extend to the edge of the universe. :-)

I would either place a 100 mil track centered on the board edge, or a 50 mil track 25 mils inside the edge.

-- Peter Bennett TRIUMF 4004 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada GPS and NMEA info and programs: http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html