Greetings the List,

I have been working on a design that includes a PSSOP package.  The package has a heat
sink solder lug on the bottom.  The footprint calls for a central pad with multiple
holes through it between the two rows of pins.

I made the footprint by placing a grid of staggered vias on the central pad.  Now I
cannot get the vias to connect to the central pad.  Since the pad will always be
connected to ground, I would like to make it that way in the footprint, rather than on
the design.  Is it possible to do this?  Any suggestions?

Thanx,

Michael Badillo
QTI