On 12:29 PM 28/05/2004, Darren said:

Hi Jim,

I don't think its available anymore... A drop down
layer list box that could be placed on the toolbar
would help.

Darren Moore

There was a suggestion to colour the layer tabs with the layer colour. This may get messy and require some sort of intelligence by the system to work out the best colour for the text but it is something that deserves some thought I think.

Why don't you make your suggestions to Altium - they seem happy enough to receive them and if there is enough support will implement them. There are a number of ways of making the suggestion - one in particular works well but some people seem to have some problem with it, that is use the DXP forum.

As a work around you could take a screen shot of the layers dialog and have that open. Would work nicely on an unused section of a second (or third monitor). You could massage it into a small panel-like thing that just hangs around. You could even probably make it a non-modal dialog and design and control it with Delphi Script. This could be quite a neat script. If you can't do this why not suggest it on the dxp forum and see if some collaborative effort could get something going.

Ian