In the interest of getting this project moving forward, I added a port
connected to a Gnd power symbol on the throublesome sheet, and added a corresponding
sheet entry on the parent sheet, connected to a Gnd power object there. Now
the netlist works fine, with the "two" GND nets connected together. What could
I have done differently on that sheet? I just might have created that sheet
from a sheet symbol on the parent sheet, whereas I know that all the other
sheets were created as schematic sheets, and the parent then created the sheet
symbol from the sheet. Could this make the difference in the Gnd power objects not
carrying thru? But I just tried getting rid of the old sheet symbol and
creating a new sheet symbol from the sheet, with no effect. Any insights??

Steve Hendrix