Rolf

I thought this just changes/adds buttons on the toolbar?

It does not actually create a new power object itself does it, just sort/add new
buttons with
predefined attributes?

As far as I know the default power objects cannot be changed except to assign
nets/color and some
parameters etc by assigning the parameters in the process command.

I guess this is the same as I do below. (I cut this from another post)

Normally as there is plenty space on the toolbar when using 1600x1200 I just add the
buttons found
on the power objects toolbar to the main one by right click/toolbar properties, add a
new button and
then use the parameters to predefine its attributes (and a small custom bitmap into the
/system/buttons directory so I can see from the toolbar what it was).

When assigned to the main toolbar they can be made a bit more portable as the live in
the .rcs file
in the same place under : ToolBar 'SchematicTools' 'Fixed Top'

I did not use multiple colors here, but if you are placing ports with predefined
attributes color
coding them would not be a bad idea as the eye can sometimes play tricks when
validating your own
work :-)

Here is a cut/paste from an old client99se.rcs file

Separator
     Button 'C:\P99SE\SYSTEM\BUTTONS\POARWHGND.BMP'
'Sch:PlacePowerPort(Color=111|Orientation=3|S=HGND|Style = 3|$Description=GND power
port|repeat=true)'
     Button 'C:\P99SE\SYSTEM\BUTTONS\POARWAGND.BMP'
'Sch:PlacePowerPort(Color=111|Orientation=3|S=AGND|Style = 1|$Description=aGND power
port|repeat=true)'
     Button 'C:\P99SE\SYSTEM\BUTTONS\POARWGND.BMP'
'Sch:PlacePowerPort(Color=111|Orientation=3|S=GND|Style = 1|$Description=GND power
port|repeat=true)'
     Separator
     Button 'C:\P99SE\SYSTEM\BUTTONS\POW3V3.BMP'
'Sch:PlacePowerPort(Color=111|Orientation=1|S=3V3A|Style = 0|$Description=3V3A power
port|repeat=true)'
     Button 'C:\P99SE\SYSTEM\BUTTONS\POW5D.BMP'
'Sch:PlacePowerPort(Color=111|Orientation=1|S=5D|Style = 0|$Description=5D power
port|repeat=true)'
     Button 'C:\P99SE\SYSTEM\BUTTONS\POW12V.BMP'
'Sch:PlacePowerPort(Sch:PlacePowerPort(Color=111|Orientation=1|S=12V|Style =
0|$Description=+12
power port|repeat=true)'
     Separator

Same idea I as I applied to things like R/C etc for placing the more common values
(100R/1K/10K...).

Once you have the customisations keep the rcs file handy, as long as the buttons exist
in the
/system/buttons folder then all you need do (with 99SE closed) is cut/paste the line
in the rcs,
rename the parameters attributes and rename the referred to bitmap. It s a lot quicker
than doing it
manually with the button editor!

John