I built an SOIC 8 a while ago and have used it successfully until today.
When I load the PCB, this part comes up with 'SSSS' on top of each row of
pins in white - not a valid layer color in this design - 80 mil text. I
can't select it, the library editor doesn't know it's there, and it doesn't
show up on printouts. Loading a previous board which uses the same part
exhibits the same problem, where it never did before. Placing a new
component on a bare PCB from the library does the same thing, the SSSS's
aren't visible in the library, but do show up on the board, and scale/pan
with the part etc.

Any ideas?

Bob Stephens

PS I'm using 2004