Dear Mr. Carter,

I read your article in the Guardian of December 12, 2006 "Israel, Palestine,
peace and apartheid." As a "Jew" born in Palestine in 1941 and living in
Iceland, I fully endorse your views expressed in this article and thank you for
bringing these subjects up, even at the risk of being labeled "antisemitic". I
have myself been indoctrinated in my youth by Zionist propaganda and did not in
my young years realize the racist nature of Zionism, Israel's state ideology.
As Zionism - namely the concept of a "Jewish state" - is contrary to the modern
concept of a state which belongs to all its citizens, I do not believe that
there will be peace as long as Israel remains a "Jewish" state. For the same
reason I agree with the refusal to recognize the "right" of existence of such a
state (which is distinct from the recognition of its physical existence).

  http://americanwars.blogspot.com/2006/12/letter-to-jimmy-carter-by-elias.html

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: