There is a “mystery” we must explain: How is it that as corporate investments
and foreign aid and international loans to poor countries have increased
dramatically throughout the world over the last half century, so has poverty?
The number of people living in poverty is growing at a faster rate than the
world’s population. What do we make of this?

Over the last half century, U.S. industries and banks (and other western
corporations) have invested heavily in those poorer regions of Asia, Africa,
and Latin America known as the “Third World.” The transnationals are attracted
by the rich natural resources, the high return that comes from low-paid labor,
and the nearly complete absence of taxes, environmental regulations, worker
benefits, and occupational safety costs.

http://americanwars.blogspot.com/2007/02/mystery-how-wealth-creates-poverty-in.html

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: