----- Forwarded message from Greenpeace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----
   Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 06:26:45 -0500 (CDT)
   From: Greenpeace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Subject: Action Alert: European vote on Genetic Engineering
     To: simona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

GREENPEACE

ACTION ALERT

Can you write to the EC and forward this message?
* Send a message
http://www.email.greenpeace.org/klslkjs_sllosdbh.html?RECIPID=3376245

Hi friends,

Europe's top environment politician, EU-Commissioner Stavros Dimas, enraged
agro-chemical companies last week when he refused to allow the cultivation
of two varieties of genetically modified maize (Bt 11 and 1507).

He said GM crops should not be approved until new methods have been
developed for assessing long-term risks and the effects on birds and
butterflies. This is wonderful news!

Other European Commissioners are siding with the industry though, and want
to vote on the matter within the next few weeks in Brussels.

We have only days to show our support for the Environment Commissioner's
brave stand -- and to let the other politicians know that he speaks for us
all.

Can you send a message to Stavros Dimas, to Manuel Barroso (the President of
the European Commission) and the Commissioners taking the industry's side
Kyprianou (Health and Consumer Protection) and Fischer-Boel (Agriculture).

TAKE ACTION NOW
http://www.email.greenpeace.org/qmpmaia_sllosdbh.html?RECIPID=3376245

Thanks,
Greenpeace

P.S. This is a brilliant opportunity, but we have very little time. Please
forward this email to all your friends who care about this important issue.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: