Hi ,

I 'am having problems invoking latex.exe.I 'am using windows version.The
system just hangs when it hit that portion of the java code.I also
observed the aux files are not created completely.Please review the
below code that I use for invoking the exe.I have also attached the logs
for reference.

System.out.print("***************Before executing Latex
command***********");
ps = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd, null, fWrkDir);
System.out.print("***************After executing Latex
command***********");
exitCode = checkProcess(ps);
                System.out.println("******ExitCode for dvipdfm******* :
" + exitCode);
                if (exitCode != 0) {
                    System.out
                            .println("-------------dvi failed during
executing command:\n"
                                    + cmd[0]
                                    + " "
                                    + cmd[1]
                                    + "\nExitcode="
                                    + exitCode);
                }
                ps1.destroy();
            }

private  int checkProcess(Process ps) throws Exception {
        int iReturnExitCode = 0;

        // READ FROM PGP OUTPUT
        BufferedReader input = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(ps
                .getInputStream()));
        int character = 0;
        String strInputRead = "";
        while (character != -1) {
            character = input.read();
            if (input.ready())
                strInputRead = strInputRead + String.valueOf((char)
character);
            // System.out.println(strInputRead);
        }
        input.close();
        System.out.println("Latex OUTPUT >> " + strInputRead);
//       END READING PGP OUTPUT
        ps.waitFor();
        iReturnExitCode = ps.exitValue();
        System.out.println("Exit Value = "
                + iReturnExitCode);
        return iReturnExitCode;
    }

Please help in this regard.

 <<11607ESCAPE2008-packet.log>>      <<11607ESCAPE2008-packet.aux>>
<<11607ESCAPE2008-packet.dvi>>

Thanks in advance
Suresh

http://tug.org/protext/