Hello

Having only recently been introduced to the world of TeX and given an
opportunity to try it out, I was naturally drawn to download ProTeXt as a
convenient distributor. I have installed the self-extracting file which created
a bunch of folders and a set-up file.
Unfortunately, when I pressed setup.exe for installation I was confronted with
an error message

See setup.exe.log for details

The file read

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "protext-setup.py", line 298, in <module>
  File "protext-setup.py", line 97, in __init__
  File "wx\_controls.pyc", line 494, in __init__
UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp949' codec can't decode bytes in position 4-5: illegal
multibyte sequence

So far the Internet haven't given me a clue on how to address this issue, and
the error message to me is cryptic at best. (apart from the fact that it seems
like something with Python...?) I don't think my computer is missing files, and
so far those around me didn't seem to have such problems.

If you have any ideas on how to tackle this problem please give me a reply.
Help would be very much appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance!
--
http://tug.org/protext/