Hi Ellie,

i'm sorry, but i couldn't reproduce your error - tried it with Windows 10 and ProTeXt-3.1.8-051917.exe .

So if you used an older ProTeXt-package, please settle up to the most recent version.

If everything fails, you should be able to install MiKTeX and TeXstudio manually, by entering the corresponding subdirectories and calling the related setup-routines. While doing this, please remember that MiKTeX should be installed first.

Good luck - Thomas