On 01/05/11 04:41, Eric Niebler wrote:
In some cases, I really want to write something like

proto::make_expr(
    proto::as_child(a0),
    proto::as_child(a1)
)

but that kind of thing doesn't work, due to the funny way make_expr works.
It doesn't work? I *think* that would have the effect of building a new
node that would store children by value, making a0 and a1 expressions
(if they weren't already) by storing the terminal by reference. Is that
not what you were expecting? What are you trying to do?

We were expecting exactly that. It turned up something is still kept by reference and cause the code to crash due to dandling references. If you say it should work, we may have fumbled
elsewhere. We'll try to get a repro out of nt2.