On 04/06/2012 21:48, Joel Falcou wrote:

I was thinking of the case where we constructed a foo expression by
calling expression constructor one into the other. I guess it fixes that.

The current Proto already allows to specify whether to hold by reference or value.

The new thing is that Proto 11 uses lvalue- or rvalue-ness to choose. This is irrelevant to NT2 however, since capture strategy does not depend on that.

Proto-11 will probably take many months. I'm taking my time and
rethinking everything. Don't hold your work up waiting for it.

Best thing to do is probably to make it lighter, keep separate things separate, and truly extendable.

For example, transforms seem too tighly coupled with the rest in the current Proto version, and their limitations are quite intrusive.