On 16/10/2012 03:50 p.m., Agustín K-ballo Bergé wrote:
On 16/10/2012 02:22 a.m., Eric Niebler wrote:
Hi Agustín,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I'm currently at the
standard committee meeting in Portland, and that I'll be unable to look
until this until I get back next week.

Thank you for letting me know.

Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-
http://fusionfenix.com

For future reference, my issue was resolved at StackOverflow. You can find it here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13146537/boost-proto-and-complex-transform

Preliminar tests for 100000000 evaluations of a simple expression `p = q + r * 3.f` where p, q and r are geometric vectors of 3 ints give the following promising times:

Regular: 1.15s
Proto: 1.2s
Hand-Unrolled: 0.39s
Proto-Unrolled: 0.8s

Proto expressions build and optimization times are not taken into account. There is a considerable number of expression copies made by the expression optimization that cannot be avoided by the compiler. I will continue my research by implementing a custom evaluation context that does this optimization 'on the fly', without actually modifying the expression.

Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-
http://fusionfenix.com