Finally. I see what you mean. Thanks for your help and clarification.
I wasn't aware of those issues. Thanks again!

Any suggestions on how I could use protobufs with MSVC '03? Without
the runtime errors when calling SerializeToOstream, that is. Lenjoy,
in the second post, said:

>you can create a new project under the solution of vsprojects, then
>select the dependencies to lib*, then it will work.

But I don't know what that means... I tried a couple of things, like
adding a new project to the solution I used in generating the DLLs,
libs etc. But with the same result.