The code generated by protoc requires linking against the protobuf
libraries, so the Protocol Buffers license terms apply to you either way.  I
can talk to our licensing people and get this clarified if you want, but
given this, does it still matter?  BTW, v2.0.2 (to be released later this
week) will be under BSD instead of Apache 2.