Hi,

I'm trying to install and test out protobuf-2.0.2.  I read the
instructions in python/README.txt and ran
$ python setup.py test

And I get

FAIL: testReadScalars
(google.protobuf.internal.decoder_test.DecoderTest)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/frank/projects/protobuf-2.0.2/python/google/protobuf/
internal/decoder_test.py", line 156, in testReadScalars
    self.ReadScalarTestHelper(*args)
  File "/home/frank/projects/protobuf-2.0.2/python/google/protobuf/
internal/decoder_test.py", line 113, in ReadScalarTestHelper
    'Type of reslt %s not the expected one %s' % (type(result),
type(expected_result))))
AssertionError

After some digging into the code, I find that it's failing in
decoder_test.py when testing the decoder.Decoder.ReadSFixed32()
function.  The expected value is long(-1), but the actual returned
value was int(-1).  The test passes if I change line 128 in /google/
protobuf/internal/decoder_test.py from
        ['sfixed32', decoder.Decoder.ReadSFixed32, long(-1),
        ['sfixed32', decoder.Decoder.ReadSFixed32, -1,

Logically this changes seems reasonable, but I can't tell for sure.
Is this a bug in the download, or is this a platform dependent
problem?

I'm running Python2.5 on a x86_64 machine.  This also fails with
python2.4.

Thanks,
Frank