On Oct 15, 1:52 am, "Kenton Varda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yeah, I think special-casing descriptor.proto might be the only way.  :(

Never mind. I think it will actually keep the main codebase cleaner,
as it happens. The descriptor parsing really doesn't like seeing
extensions or unknown fields before all the type initialization of the
"built-in" descriptors has finished, so avoiding putting them in in
the first place would be handy :)

Jon