I'm writing the code-generation logic for protobuf-net, and I have got
it loading a compiled proto set (FileDescriptorSet). However, when
doing this I had a number of issues with invalid enum values (from
descriptor.proto, compiled via protoc).

In particular, OptimizeMode, CType and FieldDescriptorProto.Type.

So:
* have I doe something wrong (i.e. I shouldn't be seeing these zeros)?
or
* should protobuf-net accept zero enums even if no such enum is
defined?
or
* is the descriptor.proto lacking some zeros that should be there?

(if I add the missing zero enum values it works fine and I can happily
read and report on the FileDescriptorSet)

Thanks,

Marc