Hi,

I would like to use protocol buffers in my python code but currently
the serialization and parsing methods are too slow compared to
cPickle. I've read several posts stating that this is because the
python implementation has not been optimized for speed yet. Are there
plans to improve the performance of proto buffers in python? Does
anybody know of a C++ extension/wrapper module which lets you access C+
+ compiled protocol buffers directly from python code?

Thanks,
Andres