I just committed SVN revision 76 which integrates a bunch of changes from
our internal codebase (see below). 2.0.3 will probably be released next
* Enum values may now have custom options, using syntax similar to field
* Fixed bug where .proto files which use custom options but don't actually
define them (i.e. they import another .proto file defining the options)
had to explicitly import descriptor.proto.
* Adjacent string literals in .proto files will now be concatenated, like in
* Generated message classes now have a Swap() method which efficiently swaps
the contents of two objects.
* All message classes now have a SpaceUsed() method which returns an
of the number of bytes of allocated memory currently owned by the object.
This is particularly useful when you are reusing a single message object
to improve performance but want to make sure it doesn't bloat up too
* New method Message::SerializeAsString() returns a string containing the
serialized data. May be more convenient than calling
* In debug mode, log error messages when string-type fields are found to
contain bytes that are not valid UTF-8.
* Fixed bug where a message with multiple extension ranges couldn't parse
* Fixed bug where MergeFrom(const Message&) didn't do anything if invoked on
a message that contained no fields (but possibly contained extensions).
* Fixed ShortDebugString() to not be O(n^2). Durr.
* Fixed crash in TextFormat parsing if the first token in the input caused a
* New overload of mergeFrom() which parses a slice of a byte array instead
of the whole thing.
* New method ByteString.asReadOnlyByteBuffer() does what it sounds like.
* Improved performance of isInitialized() when optimizing for code size.
* Corrected ListFields() signature in Message base class to match what
subclasses actually implement.
* Some minor refactoring.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Protocol Buffers" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at