I'm getting this when running the Python test suite in r81:

FAIL: testReadScalars
(google.protobuf.internal.decoder_test.DecoderTest)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/alek/protobuf3/python/google/protobuf/internal/
decoder_test.py", line 151, in testReadScalars
    self.ReadScalarTestHelper(*args)
  File "/home/alek/protobuf3/python/google/protobuf/internal/
decoder_test.py", line 109, in ReadScalarTestHelper
    self.assert_(isinstance(result, type(expected_result)))
AssertionError

I can look into it later, but thought I should post first.