I totally understand the frustration.  This had slipped to the bottom
of the priorities, but I'm actually working on this stuff today.
Basically, my plan is to check in the plugin today.  The plugin is
more or less done, but I have no tests.  (ack!)  I would really,
really, really appreciate it if somebody could contribute some.  As
soon as I check in the plugin everybody that expressed interest will
get a notice about a code review.

Sorry again for the slacking.