I can't speak for your particular implementation, but I (and the group
I work in) are becoming fans of publish-subscribe as the glue between
components in a system. In fact, last time, when I put in a system
design in which publish-subscribe wasn't obvious, the first question I
got was "why aren't you using publish-subscribe?"