From: protobuf@googlegroups.com [mailto:proto...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Kenton Varda
Sent: den 4 februari 2009 19:35
To: mag...@goteb.org
Cc: Protocol Buffers
Subject: Re: Problems building protoc-c on windows/cygwin

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 2:17 AM, <mag...@goteb.org> wrote:

To begin with I have built the normal c++ protobuf tools (2.0.3 rc2)

Why rc2?  That's a release candidate build (like a beta).  You should
use the official 2.0.3 release.

        Then I do the same for protobuf-c-0.8
        ./configure --prefix=/usr
        make
        here I run inte the problem, it seems like files are missing?

>From the errors it looks like protobuf-c may already be implementing
packed repeated fields, which were not in protobuf 2.0.3 but will be in
2.0.4.  You may have to use an older version of protobuf-c.  That's just
my guess, though; you should probably contact the author of protobuf-c
directly.