Oh, to clarify - it is the total size of my app that is 80kb, try to build it
on your target to find out the size cost in your case

/Magnus

-----Original Message-----
From: protobuf@googlegroups.com [mailto:proto...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
shaw.softw...@gmail.com
Sent: den 9 februari 2009 21:57
To: Protocol Buffers
Subject: Re: Using protocol buffers in 16 bit environments: Suport for 16 bit
ints

Thanks Kenton, Magnus,

On a closer look I see your points. I neither have the code space
available nor the necessary feature support in the embedded C++
compiler to handle the generated code or rebuild the lib. Even at 80Kb
(for protoc_c) that's a fair proportion of available RAM gone. I'm
back to hand coding. Thanks again.