I guess i should mention a few design features of the protobuf-c api:
  - completely introspectable
  - able to wrap into another application's main-loop

I think those features should make it easy to write a language binding
to it.

I am considering someday improving it to be able to create a
ProtobufC_*Descriptor without running the compiler, by re-implmenting
the .proto parsing code.