I was reading through the code and I'm not sure I understand the
thought behing the ZeroCopyInputStream implementations.

It seems to me that if the underlying data source actually *is* a
stream to begin with, "ZeroCopy" does not perform any fewer copies;
using the copying adapter, it allocates an internal buffer, fills the
internal buffer from the stream as needed, and then provides a
ZeroCopy stream interface to that internal buffer.  So, the amount of
copying appears to be the same as if you read the stream into memory
yourself and then called ParseFromArray.

What am I missing?

-- Alex