Hello all,
    I have only just begun looking at Protocol Buffers, and am
intrigued, to say the least. I have taken a quick look at the library,
and thought I would post a couple of questions before delvign further.

First, is there support for the C/C++ uint16_t type? My application
needs to send 2-byte integer fields encoded in big-endian format on a
socket.

Second, how does one specify/mandate field sizes? My application needs
to send/receive data packets of fixed size fields (which are not
encoded as C strings), and I would like to mandate those sizes in
the .proto file itself.

Thanks and kind regards.
Prashanth Nandavanam