parseFrom() reads and parses the entire stream, so it won't stop reading
until it reaches EOF.  If you don't want to close the socket on the sending
end, then you should write the size of the message first, then the contents.
 Then, on the receiving end, you'll need to read that size first, then use
PushLimit() on your CodedInputStream to make sure it doesn't read more than
that many bytes.