I have a C++ code that generates a buffer and sends it to a multicast
address, and Java based receiver that is supposed to get the buffer
and parse it. The problem I am facing is that after issuing
message.parseFrom(received_buf) or message.Builder.mergeFrom
(received_buf), I get the "Error:
com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Protocol message
contained an invalid tag (zero)." exception. I did verify the received
buffer, it has the same length and is identical byte to byte with what
the sender is sending. Also, I have the receiver side in C++, and that
one has no problem whatsoever.