On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 2:01 AM, David Anderson <d...@natulte.net> wrote:

> However, I'll note
> that what you described for user-facing code, to log an error and try
> to continue, is not the behavior you get with -DNDEBUG.

Depends on the macro.  Our LOG(DFATAL) macro aborts the process in debug
mode (when NDEBUG is not defined), but only logs an error in opt mode (when
NDEBUG is defined).  That's the behavior I was talking about.
Of course, whether you use LOG(DFATAL) or DCHECK (which dies in debug but
does nothing in opt mode) depends on whether you want to pay the price of
the check itself in opt mode.