Hi,

I am trying to build protobuf 2.0.3 on FreeBSD 7.1 and am running into
an error in the make immediately after the link step.

I run configure with the --disable-shared argument, then run make.
The make appears to compile all of the code, and successfully produces
the archives in the src/.libs folder, then fails.  Here is the output
at the very end:

libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libprotoc.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libprotoc.la" && ln -s "../
libprotoc.la" "libprotoc.la" )
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread -
Wall -Wwrite-strings -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-sig
n-compare  -g -O2 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread  -o protoc  main.o
libprotobuf.la libprotoc.la
libtool: link: g++ -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread -Wall -Wwrite-strings -
Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-sign-compare -g -O2 -D_THREAD
_SAFE -pthread -o protoc main.o  ./.libs/libprotobuf.a ./.libs/
libprotoc.a /usr/root/protobuf-2.0.3/src/.libs/libprotobu
f.a -pthread
./ -I. --cpp_out=.
./: Permission denied
*** Error code 126

Stop in /usr/root/protobuf-2.0.3/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/root/protobuf-2.0.3.
*** Error code 1

Any thoughts?  I am  making this from a directory under which I have
full permissions from top down, and not trying to do any installation
just yet.