On May 8, 5:04 pm, Kenton Varda <ken...@google.com> wrote:

> What does your protoc command-line look like?  Does your project contain
> multiple .proto files that import each other?  If so you need to make sure
> to pass the same -I (or --proto_path) flag to each one.

It's just a single proto file: host.proto.

The protoc command line is just

    protoc host.proto --cpp_out=generated

(where generated is where the autogenerated code lives.

After much mucking about this afternoon, we seem to have resolved the
issue.  It may still have been a run-time library version issue
(buried deep down), but I'll need to come back to it with a fresh mind
on Monday to analyze root cause.

Thanks helps for the suggestions!

Ciao,

Peter K.