If you are using the main (Google) libraries, I seem to recall (from
this forum) that the recommendation for such devices is to use the C
version - however, I know a number of people are using protobuf-net on
Compact Framework (2.0 or 3.5) running on Pocket PC. So you have a few
different options.

(caveat re protobuf-net; I'm currently re-factoring the code to deal
with some internal CF limitations related to complex models - I don't
know if this affects you)

Marc Gravell