Is it possible at all (and how) to run gtest_main on Windows?

I try to build PB on java and on C++. Java is OK.

On C++, I use NetBeans 6.5.1 C++ with cygwin. After fixing some things I
managed to compile whole project, with tests. Major innovation (I hope
not breaking PB ?), I just commented out stuff in common.cc, forsing usage
of windows.h, like this:

//#ifdef _WIN32
//#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN  // We only need minimal includes
#include <windows.h>
//#elif defined(HAVE_PTHREAD)
//#include <pthread.h>
//#else
//#error "No suitable threading library available."
//#endif

(I tried to define _WIN32, but then it does not compile)

But when run, I have

D:\Proj\NB65_CPP\PB_C3\dist\Debug\Cygwin-Windows>pb_c3.exe
  14871 [main] pb_c3 4204 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
  16789 [main] pb_c3 4204 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
pb_c3.exe.stackdump

(pb_c3.exe in my home-built PB)

Or should is it better for PB C++/Windows to use scripts configure make make
check etc.supplyed with PB distribution, not moving stuff to my convenient
IDE?

And what is the simplest possible argv for gtest_main?

Thanks for any help / sharing know how

Alexey