I just found a bug compiling a .proto file:

message Zoo {
    message Snark {
        optional bool isBoojum = 4;
    }

    repeated Snark snarks = 1;
}

If I name this file Zoo.proto, compiling it will give me a "duplicate
name" error, and tell me I can't use "Zoo" as the name of the file and
a message. But if I name the file Snark.proto, it won't give me that
message. Instead, it will generate a java file that won't compile
because it contains two classes named "Snark." It really should give
the same message I get when I name it Zoo.proto.

-- Miguel Muñoz