The protos would be a chain ... e.g. lets say I have A.proto , B.proto,
C.proto, D.proto

Message A{
     optional  B b;

Message B{
     optional C c;

Message C{
     optional D d;

Message D{
    optional int e;
}

And i get a message of type A. Currently I have a recursive function
traverse(Message *)
when I get A, I switch on the CPP TYPE of each field it has and call
traverse recursively with A->getMessage or A->getRepeatedMessage depending
on the kind of field.

For the solution I want, I can keep a stack of field names, and keep pushing
into  it for every recursive call till I see 'e'. At that point I can
concatenate all field names in the stack and get A.B.C.D.e as the fully
qualified name of 'e'.
Is there an easier way?
thanks
-Ajoy