Thanks for yoru response!

I found that Microsoft Visual Studio was using the /MDd flag while compiling
libprotobuf.lib. I changed it to use /MD which is what I am using to build
my application. So now both are using the same flags, but I am still seeing
the same error. I am linking the application against msvcrt.lib and
msvcprt.lib which is what MSDN suggests for the /MD flag.

Wayne