I considered using protobuf-net for my project but as you mentioned
your library is more .net centric and I couldn't find a way to
establish a reliable RPC connection between c++ port (server) and
protobuf-net (client-SL), because I'm also using that RPC server to
serve other client implementation which is certainly not .NET.

If you have any recommendation on how to achieve the above objective
with your library, i'll be more than grateful if you tell me.

Ufuk