On Jun 10, 12:01 am, Kenton Varda <ken...@google.com> wrote:
> Ah, I see.  How about if we just extend parseDelimited() to return null at
> EOF?

Absolutely - the problem is that I *suspect* that means the
mergeFromDelimited method will need to break the normal builder
convention of returning itself, unless it returns itself or null.
Given that the primary user of this is going to be parseDelimited, I
suspect that changing it to return a boolean would be simpler. It's an
unfortunate aspect of the builder pattern that there's no simple way
of stopping it half way through :(

Sorry for not being clear in my first message - glad we're on the same
page now :)

Jon