Hello,

I am new to the Protocol Buffer community and am evaluating it for a
project I am working on. The project I am working on has a common code
base that runs on both on a Windows PC as well as an embedded target
we have developed running Linux (using Poco library for platform
dependent code). I would like to use the C++ implementation of
protobuf for both targets as they both are written using C++ but am
concerned over what I hear about how big the protobuf library is. The
embedded target in question has an SD card for code space storage
(about 256MB) and 128MB of RAM. Should I immediately rule out the C++
implementation and use the C implementation? Has anyone else used the C
++ implementation for an embedded target that has a generous memory
footprint and CPU speed (~180mHz)?

Thanks,
Jon