On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 2:14 AM, ijuma <ism...@juma.me.uk> wrote:

> On Jul 29, 3:50 am, Kenton Varda <ken...@google.com> wrote:
> > I just committed the new "lite mode" refactoring for C++ and Java to SVN.
>
> Thanks, that sounds useful. I noticed another change in the
> Changes.txt:
>
> "Put Builder objects on a freelist after build() is called, so they
> may be reused later."
>
> Since the diff is quite huge, I was not able to find where this change
> was done. If you could point out where I should look, that would be
> appreciated.

I think that touched java_message.cc in the compiler -- grep for
"QuickQueue".  It's an entirely transparent change -- you do not have to
change your code at all to take advantage of it.  I'm told it improved
performance on Dalvik (Android's JVM), which has a relatively weak garbage
collector.  I doubt it helps any on the official JVM.