Indeed, if you downloaded the zip file, then all the text files have
windows-style newlines, including the text format golden files.  And it
looks like the test code isn't dealing with this correctly.  I wonder why
this never came up before...
I think this can be fixed by changing TestUtil.java around line 3556 from:

  public static String readTextFromFile(String filePath) {
    return readBytesFromFile(filePath).toStringUtf8();
  }

to:

  public static String readTextFromFile(String filePath) {
    return readBytesFromFile(filePath).toStringUtf8().replace("\r\n", "\n");
  }

Can you let me know if this works?