Hi,

I found the culprit and it is not Protobuf.
Our project uses groovy, and as such I installed the Groovy Eclipse
plugin which incidently contains an Eclipse JDT patch. Removing this
patch makes everything compile normally.
I filed a bug on the groovy bug tracker.

Sorry for the noise,

--
Brice Figureau
My Blog: http://www.masterzen.fr/