Hello.

I'm a Wikipedia editor and have been working on the relatively new
article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_data_serialization_formats
, which includes Protocol Buffers among the formats compared.
Currently, a lot of key information on Protocol Buffers is missing
from the article and I want to rectify that, but I'm not a PB
user. So I'm hoping you all might be able to help.

Here's the info I'm looking for:

1. Is there a specification document more formal/detailed than
http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/encoding.html ?
2. Does PB take inspiration from or base itself on any other
formats? I don't think so, but just need to double-check.
3. Can PB store relational data? (i.e. can serialized objects have
"pointers" to other objects in the same "file"?)

Also, any help filling out the row for PB in the "Comparison of binary
formats" table in the article would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and apologies for the intrusion.
-- [[User:Cybercobra]]