I get a couple of related warnings when compiling MessageLite.java.
Example:

    protected boolean parseUnknownField( ... )
   {
      final FieldSet<ExtensionDescriptor> extensions =
internalGetResult().extensions;

The warnings are because .extensions is a private field of
ExtendableMessage<MessageType>>.  The exact warning is:

"extensions has private access in
com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessageLit.ExtendableMessage"

I can make that problem go away by changing the visibility of
extensions, but doing that generates a warning "Exporting non-public
type through public API."

What's the right way to fix this?